8 years ago
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Writer's block...
"Your take-home midterm will be due on the 3rd of November. It should be about 15 pages long and should convince me of the following points..." Why did I sign up for grad school? That was the thought going through my head while one of my professors was talking. This was not a happy moment for me. I'm not a good writer and an argument approach in a paper is especially difficult for me to do. So here I am...Brad worked until 10 last night and my goal was to get started and do about 4 or 5 pages. What did I do? Eat taco salad and watch Project Runway. When I finally started on it I had no idea how to even start! Now today it Saturday. I had the day all planned out-wake up, go to the temple, go grocery shopping, spend the afternoon working on the project, go to Stake Conference, and then throw a going-away party for our friend, Anne. Perfect set-up, right? Yet again, I found ways to distract myself so that I didn't even have time to think about it. I think it's the intimidation of such a task that's due in a short amount of time that's daunting. But enough complaining, this writer's block has got to go. Any of you amazing writers (Crystal and Crystal...where you at, girlfriends) want to write this paper for me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll make you a deal, I'll write your 15 page paper if you write both of my ten page papers that are due around the same time? Deal? :D I'm analyzing Harlem Dancer and writing about the importance of money in literature. Ready, set, go! ;)
Best thing for writer's block? Just start writing. About anything, get the juices flowing. You'll do great! :D
what is the real topic sis...we can use the time difference between Korean and Utah to get back some of those lost hours. :)
Post a Comment