Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Night Skiing

Last night, Brad and I met up with his brother, Logan, and some of his friends for some night skiing at Brighton. I haven't gone skiing since before my mission (about 4 years ago) and I wasn't going to go snowboarding because last time I did I ended up crying from frustration. So, with Brad on his snowboard and me on some skis, we made our way down the mountain. It was a lot of fun! Unfortunately, after only a few runs down, my legs were kIlLiNg me and my body was not cooperating (because I have a cold) so I went and sat in our car. A little while later, Logan's friend, Natacha, came and joined me. She is from France and visiting a friend near Provo and had never been skiing before. She met Logan during his mission when he served in the area she lived in so they've been spending time together while she's in town. We had such a good time chatting while trying to stay warm in the car and now we're all sad to see her go back to France on Thursday!! It was wonderful to meet her and get to spend a little time with Logan. I'm sure he and Brad enjoyed skiing/boarding down the mountain without us girls slowing them down, even after Brad dared him to go through some powder which he got stuck in for about 10 minutes. Here's the only picture of the night!

2 comments:

Globe Trotters said...

Hooray!I am so happy you did something productive on your "sick" day :) Just kidding! Glad you had fun, hope you feel better.

Sarah said...

Besides being frozen, that sounds like a lot of fun. Can't believe a Texas girl has been skiing more than me. Will you send an address I can contact you at to my email: wawa_women@yahoo.com