Saturday, October 8, 2011

Temples and Skydiving

At the end of August, I had the wonderful opportunity to go down to Dallas with my mission trainer, Heather Jones [Sister Love], to see one of the lady's we taught receive her endowments in the Dallas temple. It was a quick trip [flew in late Friday night {and tried to take the wrong rental car...we only got 100 feet away before we were found out...haha} and flew out Sunday afternoon] but it was so wonderful to see so many of the amazing members in the Bossier, Louisiana area at the temple to support Sister Hughes in this big step. Following the endowment, she was then sealed to her husband who had passed away right around the same time the missionaries found her. What a great experience! Following the temple, we then headed to Bossier [about 3 hours away] and Heather and I spent the rest of the evening meeting up with some of our favorite people [I had my camera but didn't take any pictures...]. I'm so glad that I was able to be down there for this event, I love watching people as they grow in their knowledge and appreciation of the gospel.

The Group: [I don't know who the couple on the left is] Sister Moses, Dashey, Heather, Laurel, Eliza, Brother Williams, Sister Hughes, me, Miranda

Sister Missionaries: Sister Love, Sister Swanson, Sister Hughes, & Sister Jensen

Brother Williams [shown in the top picture], another person who I was lucky enough to meet and share the gospel with, said before we left our missions that if we ever came back to visit that he would take us skydiving. He's an airplane mechanic and so he has connections with a skydiving group [he fixes their planes, they take him or his friends skydiving]. Before I left, I had the amazing experience to jump!! What a rush, and I would DEFINITELY do it again :) Here are a few pictures...the video is too big, I can't attach it...just means everyone will have to come over and see it :)

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Still jealous....great pictures!

Evan and Lauren said...

Wow!!! You go girl. I don't know if I will ever have the guts to do what you did! But I'm glad you loved it! Definitely made for some great pics!

The Jessups said...

First, I still can't believe you served your mission in my backyard practically!

Second, skydiving is the best!! I used to go every weekend with my dad in high school and I miss it! Way to go, girl!!

Adam and Nicole said...

OH my gosh Tanja you are my hero!!!!! I've always wanted to do it so call me up next time you go :)

Crandalls said...

Ahhh! I didn't know she even started coming to church regularly again! I am so happy for her!

CarlyK said...

That looks so fun, you're brave! But I can't believe you were so close and we didn't get to see you!!

Kristen and Andrew said...

YOU crazy GiRRRRL! (said in the southern sista' voice...)