Thursday, January 30, 2014

The New Year

I don't know if I'll keep up my track record of writing as many posts as I did last year. It did help to motivate me to write often when I was updating about the progress of Baby Dalton in utero weekly. I thought that being a new mom I would have TONS to write about but the first part of the babe-meister's life was pretty predictable...and not super exciting [unless you count eating, sleeping, and excreting fascinating] but now that he's becoming a bit more social and interactive, that might change. But as I was looking at our past year, I realized I didn't write much about Brad. Or me.  And for the sake of posterity, I thought it might be good to be selfish and mention some highlights of the past little bit.

Brad. The hunk of the house. He's been the rock of our family, keeping a level head thru all of my unpredictable, emotional outbursts [who knew having a baby would do that to you?]. He's still working for International Freight Transport, going on almost three years.  He definitely still enjoys his co-workers [it's pretty much man-town for 8 hours every day since there aren't any female co-workers in the Utah office] and talks sports all day long.   He was recently released as a counselor in the Elders quorum at church and called as the executive secretary for the Bishop.  He enjoys the Bishopric and the duties he's assigned...but he doesn't enjoy the 6:00 am meetings on Sunday mornings.  Anytime he has a chance to play football, baseball, basketball, and soccer he will.  And watching all the Olympic trial events on TV is making him itch to hit the slopes on his snowboard. 

Me.  Tanja.  Still adjusting and learning this "parent" stuff.  Some days I feel like I've done a good job.  And other days I just have to accept defeat, go to bed, and start over the next day.  But I love it.  Little Man keeps me busy all day long [except for his naps, he's starting to take some really good naps].  I've realized I need to have something motivating me each day or else, most likely, I stay in my pajamas all day and accomplish very little.  I've started some little "crafty" projects [and if you know me, you know that I am NOT crafty] and am getting ready to start teaching some piano lessons.  I was also just released from my calling as a Young Women's counselor and called to be the Primary secretary.  It's definitely different but I am loving the innocence of these little kids.  I'm also starting to train for another half marathon in May.  But boy, am I out of shape!  Hopefully this should motivate me to do better about exercising.

We are excited to see what this year has in store for us.  We had a fabulous 2013 but continue to look forward to what could happen this year.

No comments: