Here is the third "30 Before 30" update.
The big-letter, bold ones are ones I've completed in the last 3 months. The small-letter, bold ones are ones I had done previously. The plain ones are ones I still need to do. This update is from October 24th-January 24th.
The big-letter, bold ones are ones I've completed in the last 3 months. The small-letter, bold ones are ones I had done previously. The plain ones are ones I still need to do. This update is from October 24th-January 24th.
1. Learn to juggle [with 3 objects].
2. Hike Mount Timpanogas.
3. Learn how to make a jewelry piece.
3. Learn how to make a jewelry piece.
4. Watch a sunrise.
5. Make a really complex dessert from scratch [that tastes great :)].
5. Make a really complex dessert from scratch [that tastes great :)].
6. Learn how to modge podge.
My friend, Marie, and I made these super cute, reversible decorations for Thanksgiving and Christmas [I didn't take pictures of the other side, but it says "Jingle Bells".
7. Read a new book each month [any recommendations are welcome!]. -- This one is going well still. I read "One Light Still Shines" in November [it's the wife's story about how she dealt with and overcame the tragedy of the Amish school shootings that her husband was the gunman at. Very touching story.] and then in December my friend let me borrow her "Selection" series books [which there are 3 books]. I finished the whole thing in about 4 days which I'm a little embarrassed about...mostly because the concept of the book was a clash between apocalyptic America [think Hunger Games, sort of, but without the Games, just the futuristic state of America] and the show the Bachelor [which I think is the most ridiculous thing ever (sorry if I just offended someone)], so the fact that I read books with these two themes together is actually pretty uncharacteristic. But it grabbed my attention, that's for sure. And because I'm lame-o, I'm counting the extra books I read in December towards January because I have totally spaced it this month.
My friend, Marie, and I made these super cute, reversible decorations for Thanksgiving and Christmas [I didn't take pictures of the other side, but it says "Jingle Bells".
7. Read a new book each month [any recommendations are welcome!]. -- This one is going well still. I read "One Light Still Shines" in November [it's the wife's story about how she dealt with and overcame the tragedy of the Amish school shootings that her husband was the gunman at. Very touching story.] and then in December my friend let me borrow her "Selection" series books [which there are 3 books]. I finished the whole thing in about 4 days which I'm a little embarrassed about...mostly because the concept of the book was a clash between apocalyptic America [think Hunger Games, sort of, but without the Games, just the futuristic state of America] and the show the Bachelor [which I think is the most ridiculous thing ever (sorry if I just offended someone)], so the fact that I read books with these two themes together is actually pretty uncharacteristic. But it grabbed my attention, that's for sure. And because I'm lame-o, I'm counting the extra books I read in December towards January because I have totally spaced it this month.
8. Drive up to Francis Peak.
9. Go camping for one night [anyone who knows us, knows that this one's going to be HARD!].
10. Write a will.
11. Do a detox cleanse.
12. Go see a dermatologist.
13. Learn and memorize a new, difficult piece on the piano.
14. See the blood moon in October.
15. Go to a concert.
15. Go to a concert.
16. Refinish our kitchen table.
17. Sew something that I can wear [and looks good].
18. Float in the Great Salt Lake.
19. Stay up on New Year's Eve to ring in the New Year [we haven't done that since we were dating].
We did it! This little one didn't stay up but we did. We went down to Sonja and McFatty's and played cards and ate really unhealthy food and stayed up to welcome in the new year. 2015 is going to be a great year!
20. Learn how to do my hair in wavy curls.
21. Watch a meteor shower.
20. Learn how to do my hair in wavy curls.
21. Watch a meteor shower.
22. Buy a lipstick and wear it in public.
23. Complete my CEU's to maintain my ASHA license.
24. Have Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving.
Yes! I did this [with the exception of picking up some last minute things for Will and Brad]!! And it made this holiday season SOOOOOOOOO much more enjoyable and meaningful to not have to be constantly worrying about picking things up. I'm hoping this one becomes a tradition.
25. Buy some good boots for winter.
Which is kind of funny because this winter has been SUPER duper mild. But I'm still loving my nice, warm, classy boots.
25. Buy some good boots for winter.
Which is kind of funny because this winter has been SUPER duper mild. But I'm still loving my nice, warm, classy boots.
26. Have a better food storage established/72 hour kits updated.
27. Go somewhere and pick fruit.
28. Jam said fruit.
29. Go to a parade.
28. Jam said fruit.
29. Go to a parade.
At the end of October, we made our way down to Cedar City for their annual Sheep Herding Parade [thank you, Melanee, for the idea]. We enjoyed this momentous occasion with Melanee and some of her friends, Grandma Snider, and Sonja and McFatty and the girls. Also, important to document, this was Will's first parade.
30. Dress up for Halloween with a family theme [the last time I dressed up was when we were dating, lame].
Not a super exciting theme, but we were a pumpkin patch! Will was wearing the same costume that Brad wore when he was 2 years old [thanks for sharing, Anne!]
7 more things checked off the list, wahoo!! But with 3 months left before the big 3-0, I have 12 more things to do. I've calculated, that's 1 thing per week. I can do that. Check back in 3 months to see if it happens!!
30. Dress up for Halloween with a family theme [the last time I dressed up was when we were dating, lame].
Not a super exciting theme, but we were a pumpkin patch! Will was wearing the same costume that Brad wore when he was 2 years old [thanks for sharing, Anne!]
7 more things checked off the list, wahoo!! But with 3 months left before the big 3-0, I have 12 more things to do. I've calculated, that's 1 thing per week. I can do that. Check back in 3 months to see if it happens!!












1 comment:
Next time we're together for the day, we should totally do #5. And then eat it.
Post a Comment