
We took the dogs on multiple walks, this one being along the Rio Grande River. Brad came up with a new way to walk the dogs by attaching one leash to another.


A Christmas Eve tradition for the Jensen family is to make and set up luminarias. Last year we weren't able to do it, so this year we showed Brad what it was all about.
I think he likes it :)
That evening, before Christmas dinner, we went and lit the luminarias. Uncle Kris even joined in the festivities. I heart Christmas!
The final product:

Christmas morning:


Merry Christmas!!
While in Texas, Brad realized there was a basketball tournament occuring at UTEP so Sonja, my dad, Brad, and I made our way down to watch the final two games. The crowd was a LOT friendlier than the USU Spectrum crowd but it was still a fun environment. Brad had received a UTEP t-shirt as part of some pajamas so he fit in quite well.

For New Year's Eve, my parent's hosted an open house for Brad and I. This was the first time that we were able to come down to El Paso since we got married so this was the first opportunity we had to introduce Brad to some of our friends. There was SOOOO much delicious food. Mom made an amazing shrimp cocktail that I kept snacking on throughout the evening. So many people came by and shared their wishes and love. It was fun to see people I hadn't seen in years!
As a New Year's Day activity, Brad, Sonja, and I went on a hike up in the mountains. It was nice and refreshing and a bit odd to see snow! Oliver ran up and down the mountain about two times, only got a few cactus pricks stuck and was absolutely in heaven when we got to the snow.



After debating, once again, whether to leave on Saturday or Sunday (the 2nd or 3rd of January) we decided to spend an extra day in El Paso and drive back on the 3rd. Luckily, we were able to sleep during the night and drive during the day. I love the drive from Texas to Utah, it's so diverse. Luckily, I think Brad likes it now too. We sure had a wonderful Christmas vacation. We hope everyone else enjoyed this wonderful season and were able to be surrounded with family and friends.

Christmas morning:


Merry Christmas!!While in Texas, Brad realized there was a basketball tournament occuring at UTEP so Sonja, my dad, Brad, and I made our way down to watch the final two games. The crowd was a LOT friendlier than the USU Spectrum crowd but it was still a fun environment. Brad had received a UTEP t-shirt as part of some pajamas so he fit in quite well.

For New Year's Eve, my parent's hosted an open house for Brad and I. This was the first time that we were able to come down to El Paso since we got married so this was the first opportunity we had to introduce Brad to some of our friends. There was SOOOO much delicious food. Mom made an amazing shrimp cocktail that I kept snacking on throughout the evening. So many people came by and shared their wishes and love. It was fun to see people I hadn't seen in years!
As a New Year's Day activity, Brad, Sonja, and I went on a hike up in the mountains. It was nice and refreshing and a bit odd to see snow! Oliver ran up and down the mountain about two times, only got a few cactus pricks stuck and was absolutely in heaven when we got to the snow.



After debating, once again, whether to leave on Saturday or Sunday (the 2nd or 3rd of January) we decided to spend an extra day in El Paso and drive back on the 3rd. Luckily, we were able to sleep during the night and drive during the day. I love the drive from Texas to Utah, it's so diverse. Luckily, I think Brad likes it now too. We sure had a wonderful Christmas vacation. We hope everyone else enjoyed this wonderful season and were able to be surrounded with family and friends.





5 comments:
aw. I love the EP. And I loved Christmas this year with you, Brad, and Sonja. Next trip: the Cleve. Spring Break. '010!
btw- wish we could have been there for your open house! but won't complain about spending that day in the sun :)
You guys are sooo cute together and do way fun stuff...Do you really have that many dogs??? If so, that is way cool!
Sounds like a fun trip! :)
Ok so you have probably told me before, but I didn't realize you were from Texas... Michael is from Denton, north of Dallas. We drove down for Thanksgiving and it was quite a drive, but fun too. Looks like you guys had a great holiday! We should get together!
Post a Comment