Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer of 2010

Unfortunately, this blog has been on the backburner for quite awhile. We haven't had any SUPER, amazing, mind-blowing experiences (we'll save that for next month) but we have had a really nice summer so far. Here are some updates...

All the way back in May we went on a hike on Memorial Day. Well, actually it was suppose to be a "nice walk" on a nature trail up Logan Canyon but it ended up into a 5, maybe 6, mile hike. It was beautiful! And I think we would've both kept going but we didn't bring any water (because we were suppose to go on a walk).


We also have taken a few trips down to SLC to spend time with family. Unfortunately, I think this is the only picture and video I took...but they're good ones :)

Can you tell we were hot?
Mitchell, Rachele, and me


Future professional baseball player...

Brad was able to go golfing with Uncle George, Steve, and Nate (Uncle George is Brad's grandfather's brother, Steve is George's son, and Nate is Steve's son...could it get anymore confusing?). Needless to say, they had an excellent time and there's talk of another outing.

Uncle George and Brad

At one hole, Uncle George turned to Brad and said, "I'm going to hit this ball one foot from the hole." Here's the shot...


And he did it!

We joined my aunt and uncle and cousins out at Pineview Lake up Ogden canyon and did a little boating. Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures (boo on us) but we had a fantastic time! Brad and I were both able to do some surfing behind the boat, Brad rocked the wakeboard, and I attempted once more to slalom...I don't think it's in my near future to be able to master skiing on one ski. I think I drank about half of the lake. Minus being water-logged, it really was a fun adventure. We love family!


Following the boating adventure, we were able to go to Brad's old roommate, Jeremy's, wedding down in SLC. It was BEAUTIFUL! Natalie, Jeremy's wife is so wonderful! Brad, Jeremy, Joe, and Mike all lived together and were all able to be at the sealing. You never know what's going to happen when those four are around. Brad and Joe were groomsmen so they looked all dressed up in their suits. Jeremy and Natalie had a ring ceremony following their sealing because Natalie's parents aren't members of the church. Brad got to walk down the aisle with a pretty girl hanging on his arm (I was only a little jealous...until I found out she was engaged). It turned out to be a wonderful day! Congratulations, Natalie and Jeremy!!

Jeremy getting ready to see Natalie -- her dress was GORGEOUS!

Mr. and Mrs. Jeremy Overson

Joe and Brad

The wedding party

The original O-102 crew
Mike, Brad, Jeremy, and Joe

Don't worry, you're almost caught up on our summer highlights! This last week I was able to go down to El Paso and spend time with my family. My brother, Sven and his wife, Hyuna, and their three boys (Seth, Gabe, and Alex) had all come over from South Korea where they are living. I spent Tuesday night driving from SLC with Brei and her three kids (Jake, Elena, and Kyle) down to Texas. Yea for roadtrips! We got there just in time to say goodbye to my mom who was heading off for 2 days to do a Pioneer Trek with the youth from our church and then go home and crash. Soren and Rachele and their three kids (Mitchell, Curtis, and Aubree) were still there too so all NINE grandkids got to spend a day playing together, lucky! While I was down there I got to go go-carting (my brakes didn't work which sent Gabe and I crashing into a pole when we were heading back in, Gabe loved every minute), eat excellent queso and tacos (didn't get a full Mexican food fix but I got my Taco Cabana fix...), washed and styled Uncle Kris' hair, played with the kiddos, talked to Mom, got a foot-tickle from Dad, went to Target as often as I could, celebrated Jake's 9th birthday, got a back massage from Alex, worked on my thesis, and enjoyed the warm west-Texas weather. Brad and I realized that that was the longest period of time we'd ever been apart (a whole whopping 6 days) but we got through it just fine. Brad enjoyed PLENTY of mantown with Joe-got to go golfing, watch as much sports as he wanted, and eat out.

Uncle Kris' cool hairdo

The Girls
Mom, me, Brei, and Hyuna

All NINE grandkids
Top row: Jake, Seth, and Mitchell
Middle row: Elena, Gabe, and Curtis (I love Curtis' glare)
Bottom row: Kyle, Alex, and Aubree



Alex loves Michael Jackson

Along with these highlights we've watched a lot of World Cup (I'm still a little upset that Nederland didn't win), gone on walks, yardwork, tubed the Narrows, and enjoyed our cool basement apartment. Be prepared for more summer adventure updates! We have a few more things up our sleeves.

3 comments:

Ryan and Hetz said...

WOW, talk about an eventful Summer. You guys are the cutest couple!

Laurie said...

Somebody forgot to mention that they WON THE POGO STICK CHALLENGE...

Chad, Chels, and Boston said...

Hey Brad and Tanja! This is Chelsea. (Brad's favorite cousin.) ha ha! I just found your blog. My blog is private, but I want to invite you to it if you will email me your email address. My email address is cdevries@edisoncs.org. Talk to you soon!