8 years ago
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Handy (wo)Men
For the past four months, Brad and I have been driving our car around with blue tape all over the back passenger window because the motor died and the glass would just fall down. We called around to check prices to buy a new motor and when we started adding labor on top of that we realized, for a silly window that we NEVER used, this would be a costly expenditure. After talking to a few friends and with the help of our landlord (while he was putting a new roof on our house), we figured out what we needed to do and got to work. We tore the door off and clamped the window up from the inside of the door so that it wouldn't fall down anymore and we took the nasty blue tape off...FINALLY! And we did it--all by ourselves!! Well, Brad did most of the manual labor while I spent my time pulling off the tape because it came off in tiny pieces. Handy (wo)Men! If you know Brad or I, you'll know that we don't know anything about cars. We feel so accomplished! Be proud of us!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your mother is very proud of the both of you - good job! I hope I remember that I don't want to ride in the back seat in sweltering heat though...
did the goo-gone work?
Way to go!! We are suffering from car problems here this morning. aaagggh. Good job!
Post a Comment