8 years ago
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Life as of late...
After our wonderful Christmas/New Year's adventures, we made our way back to the state of Utah and got back to business. We flew back on a Saturday and the following Monday I started my final internship at Intermountain Medical Center (yea for graduation in May!!). Brad helped his brother, Logan, get settled in for his first semester back at BYU and then made his way back to Logan (the city) to go to work. It's been quite the interesting dynamic being apart for a 4-5 day period and then meet up on the weekends, definitely not ideal but we're pushing through with zest-o. Brad has been commuting down to the gym in Brigham City and working there which adds an extra hour to his workday. Luckily, this winter has been pretty mild so the canyon hasn't been too bad for him. I've really been enjoying this externship (I say that about every placement). I feel like I'm at the bottom of the learning curve and have a lot to learn before I'm even close to becoming competent. I've seen everything--mucosa shooting out of trachs, vomiting waterfalls, and lots of blood...nice. I have 4 weeks in my pocket and just 6 more weeks left, it has flown by!! But I can't wait until Brad and I can live together on a more permanent basis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You're so cool and neat and awesome. I want to be just like you.
I bet it makes for a hot sizziling reunion on the weekends! ;)
I bet you see all sorts of crazy stuff at IMC! I am so excited for you to graduate!
Oh man I wouldn't have the stomach for that! haha
Yah!! I found your blog! Now I can stay updated on how you're doing! I really hope the time goes fast so you don't have to be apart from Brad too much longer! I can't even imagine how you do it, but you're a great person who always has a smile!
Post a Comment