Saturday, May 28, 2011

Colorado

For Easter, Brad and I decided to head out to visit my sister, Sonja, in Colorado. She lives in Fort Collins, just north of Denver, and both Brad and I love it there! We had looked into doing my masters there but unfortunately, they didn't have my program anymore. The drive across Wyoming was uneventful (go figure) but I LOVE ROADTRIPS. We arrived on a Friday night, greeted by Sonja and her dog Oliver. Throughout the weekend, we spent our time taking Oliver on lots of walks, watching Modern Family, ate out, got into mischief on Facebook, Sonja took us to a cycling class (loved it!), and went and saw movies (The Conspirator--definitely recommended; Water for Elephants--pretty good, wait for Redbox). My birthday was on Easter this year (AWESOME! Unlimited candy without feeling guilty...) but we decided that we would celebrate on Saturday and have "Jesus' Day" on Sunday. I was sooo spoiled with great company, good food, and wonderful gifts :) On Easter, Sonja was asked to talk in church and she did pretty well considering some of the faces Brad and I were throwing her. Since we were still bums with no jobs yet or obligations to return back to Utah for, we stayed an extra day and didn't leave until Wednesday. More bumming, more eating, and more walks. And I also got to have dinner with an old high school friend, Kelli. It was great catching up with her, it had been about 3 years since we'd seen each other. All in all, it was an excellent roadtrip. Thanks Son, for letting us come out! It was wonderful spending some time with you!!

German Chocolate...my fav!

The majority of the trip...dominoes and Monopoly Deal


I'm bummed that we didn't get any pictures with Sonja...just means we need to go back soon :)

No comments: