I know, I know...every one of you that reads this blog (I'm guessing about 3 people) have been DYING to know what our plans are and the decisions we've made. So this is our plan...unless things change even more...
About a month ago, I interviewed for a job at a Veterans Home up in Ogden, Utah (thanks to my old roommate, Kelly, and her sweet connections). After much thought and prayer and discussion we decided that I should accept the position. Unfortunately, I couldn't start until after I have officially graduated (in May...this was back in March) so I called the company and told them the situation with the thought that they would say, "Sorry, but we can't wait that long." To our surprise, they said that they would find someone to cover temporarily would wait until I was able to work for them (what what what?). May 16th is the starting date and I am very very excited to work at this facility; I was very impressed when I interviewed and toured the building (not to mention, Kelly is the social worker there so it's gonna be fun working together).
Right after we found out about this job in Ogden, Brad heard back from a company in Idaho Falls that he had applied to. He met the company at a career fair and was very interested in what they had to offer (minus the whole location thing). So when they called for an interview (and paid for the trip), we went up to look around (I went along for the ride). He enjoyed the people he talked to and the tour of the company and felt like he did well in the interview. Over the few days following the interview, we discussed our options together and with the Lord and decided not to pursue this avenue much further.
Once we realized we would be staying in the Utah area for a little longer, we decided it was about time to look for an apartment. I sent some messages out to friends that we knew who lived in the Layton area and got some great ideas and recommendations. One friend (Amanda) mentioned an apartment complex and another friend (my mission trainer, Heather, aka Barb) mentioned an old farmhouse that a relative was renting out. After checking both out we were completely torn! The apartment had 2-bedrooms and came with the pool, gym, hot tub, GARAGE, and allowed pets (and Brad has been promising that at our next home/apartment we would get a cat). Then we went and saw the farmhouse with it's own picket fence, one-bedroom, HUGE kitchen with new appliances, huge living room, basement for storage, and a sheep farm in the backyard but...did not allow pets. After days of more discussion and going back and forth, we decided to go with the farmhouse :) I know, I gave up my cat but we have sheep, right? We move in two weeks and are very excited to move into our own place and get settled again (we'll post pictures once we've moved in). My sister, Brei, and her family have been WONDERFUL in allowing us to stay with them during this whole time of uncertainty. We feel extremely blessed and thankful for their generosity and pure charity and have loved being so close to family.
Ever since we've moved down to the Salt Lake area, Brad has devoted 75%, if not more, of his time to applying, emailing, and calling companies hoping for a job lead. I can only imagine how discouraging it has been, especially when he's been applying for jobs for the last 2 years and I find one right away, but he has been very positive and optimistic throughout the whole thing. Of course, we have our discouraging discussions and continue to realize we have only faith to rely on at the moment with so much unknown still lurking in the future but we are grateful for the support of family and the relationship we have with each other and with our Heavenly Father. With all the decisions we still have to make, I'm sure there will be another "update" hopefully soon.
8 years ago
9 comments:
I'm so excited that you are staying close! We should get together some night before you leave West Jordan! Congrats on the new job!!!!!
Utahns. Forever. :)
Next update = BABY update :)
Yeah! My family is sooo excited to have you in their ward and I'm so excited to have you so close!
YAY! What a nice feeling it is to have those big decisions made :) I am so excited for you two! CONGRATS on the job! It sounds wonderful!
PS LOVE the Scentsy link on your side bar... you're awesome!!
What a great update! Congrats on the job!
We miss you! Hope you come visit!!
Hey Tanja! I enjoy reading your blog and reading how you two are doing! :) I just wanted to let you know that I made our blog private so if you would like an invite I will gladly send you one. amhibb@gmail.com is my email!
I am one of those 3 people that has just been waiting to see what you're doing! I am so glad things are turning out so well, I'll pray that Brad finds a job soon! Good luck with everything!
While I am SUPER bummed that Sacramento did not make the cut, I am SOO excited for you guys! It all sounds exciting and full of adventures waiting to be had! :) Good luck with the new job and new place! :D
Post a Comment