Thursday, June 23, 2011

Should've been...

Yesterday should've been a tough day at work...mostly due to the following reasons:

  • My first patient that I worked with passed away (expired is the politically correct term to use in this situation, which I later found out...).
  • Another patient (who is new to the building and extremely depressed and confused) asked me to help him die.
Fortunately for me, none of this ended up turning my day upside down. But as I was driving home I realized that, despite those two really sad events, I actually had a great day at work.

Is that bad?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't know if I think it's bad. But I do think that when people get to that point in their lives they would be much happier somewhere else. I think it is somewhat a relief when they expire knowing that they feel better inside and out.

Jonny-Liz said...

No, I think this is a great sign that you are good at working in that particular setting --where things like will happen again. I am glad you still had a good day!

Chad, Chels, and Boston said...

I was just looking at the pics of your house. It is so nice! Congrats!

Kristen and Andrew said...

hahah no..not bad at all

Evan and Lauren said...

You didn't let any of that stuff get to you... so I think that makes for a great day!