Wednesday, June 13, 2012

West Texas

I have the best husband ever.  Period.  Once I finished my job at the Veterans home, Brad encouraged me to take some time and visit my parents down in Texas.  I hadn't been home in a little more than 1.5 years, so it was way overdue.  I immediately jumped on that bandwagon and prepared the trek down to Texas.  I was just going to drive down by myself but as the date got nearer and nearer, I realized how nice it would be to have someone with me.  So, I invited my Grandma :)  Started the trip out with driving down to St. George after church on a Sunday to pick her up, then packing up the car and making the rest of the trip the next day.  And the rainy weather followed us down, I think we only had one real "El Paso summer" day which I was a little disappointed about.  I loved being able to spend time with my parents, going running with my Mom, eating my HEART out with good Mexican food, enjoying the sunsets, being spoiled with unlimited piano time, and working on some long-awaited sewing projects.  The one thing I didn't do was take a lot of pictures...but here is what I have.

Best "Alien" Buds -- Jack & Tofi

Kris sunbathing in the front yard :)
Would like a bowl of this right about now...

FOUR!  Four measly pictures...oh well.  It really was fantastic to be home.  It's changed a lot but there's still just a peace that comes with familiarity.  I love the southwest.

While I was away, I naturally missed Bradford and was so grateful that he was willing to let me leave him for 7 days, but he kept himself busy too.  A trainer at our gym mentioned a sprint triathlon that he was participating in and encouraged Brad to do it too; so he spontaneously signed up for it two days before the event.   He invited his brother, Logan, to come join him and they had a great time!  Both of them finished a lot quicker than they thought they would and it seemed to spark a new interest in Brad {you too, Logan?}.  I'm glad they were able to participate, hopefully I'll be able to go to the next one...and take some pictures.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

That's great that you got to visit your family! Thank goodness for husbands who take care of us!

Evan and Lauren said...

Awww I'm feeling home sick as I read this! It sounds like you have a wonderful husband who knows just what you need! I'm glad you got to be with your parents and enjoy the flavors of the border! :)