Even though Brad and I still haven't done much preparation [besides buying diapers everytime we're at the grocery story or rubbing "anti stretch mark" lotion every few days on my belly] or research on what to expect, we are super duper excited for this little human to come!! I have my third appointment with the dr. this Wednesday which I'm looking forward to because I actually have some questions to ask him [go me!].
But just for posterity's sake and to remember a little bit about the last few weeks, here is the low-down on what pregnancy has been like [have I told you that I do not like that word...pregnant. Blah.].
- First trimester wasn't terrible...but it wasn't awesome either. The symptoms that got me the most were a) fatigue -- I was super tired! Poor Brad never had a cooked meal. It was either cereal or mac-and-cheese [that he made] for dinner. I had no energy to do anything!! b) nausea -- not real morning sickness but just kind of an upset stomach feeling. I only had one day that I truly felt like I was going to hurl but usually some crackers settled that down real quick. c) smells -- pasta sauce smells were the worst. Poor Brad made a crockpot meal for me one day and just smelling it for the 30 minutes after I got home and before we ate was too much. No crockpot chicken for me. But other than those three things, not too shabby.
- Cravings...definitely been a hard one not to give into all the time. From about week 7 to week 10 all I wanted was French fries. Then it turned into donuts, but not just any donuts. Donuts with white frosting and sprinkles...HAD to have the sprinkles or else it was a no go. Those have been the longest lasting. But I've definitely still been wanting carbs of any sort. Oh, and sugar cereals [mostly Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Lucky Charms...awful, I know.].
- Right not I'm in that "I don't look pregnant but I'm definitely looking chubby" stage. Not so fun. And the love-handles that I've worked so hard to get rid of for the last year are totally back, full fledged. Boo.
- We've been given a couple of stuffed animals that we've had on our dresser [yup folks, that's all we have...except for the booties we bought for the picture that we sent to our parents to announce the little tike....stuffed animals and booties...and diapers]. Gus has claimed ownership of these items and they now have bite marks or damaged "fur." Thanks buddy!
- I'm participating in a study through the hospital looking at first time pregnancies [Blah.]. I go in for additional appointments once each trimester. The purpose is to determine if there are additional tests/ultrasounds that can be provided that can help detect or eliminate any concerns or challenges in the pregnancy [Blah.]. Basically I signed up for the extra ultrasounds [because let's be real, who wouldn't want to see the cute little booger more often and hear their cool heartbeat a few extra times??] I went to my first one right before the Christmas break between 12 and 13 weeks and during the ultrasound the doctor asked if we were wanting to find out what we were having. Naturally, because I HATE surprises with a passion, I said yes. She got some great pictures and said she was 95% sure that we are having a........................................BOY!!! Because we all also know that Dalton's don't breed girls. Period. But we are ecstatic! I accidentally left the ultrasound pictures in Maine when we were there for the holidays so when I get them back, I'll be sure to scan and upload them [his little profile is adorable, just you wait!!].
And because I've been a slacker....here is the only side profile of me, taken tonight [hahaha].
Week 16
As this whole adventure continues to progress, I'll try to update the blog world about what we've been learning...and of course, any tips or advice is always appreciated!!
8 comments:
I'm so excited for you! You look so cute and not chubby at all!
Marshmallow Mateys.
Yes! I'm so excited. The only thing that made me sick was pasta sauce too. Oh how it made me want to vomit. Are you seriously having a boy?? Yes! Willard will have a friend!!! You are so cute, can't wait for this summer!!
oh baby baby! you are not fat. have you seen the breakdown as to where weight goes- like how much of the weight of the baby is vs the amniotic fluids, etc. etc? when you see that you realize how little of it is actual weight gain vs growing a baby- hopefully that will make you feel better, you are going to be one of those tall thin ladies that looks awesome the whole pregnancy and then looks normal 24 hours after giving birth. not fair.
Hey toothpick! You look so cute! It sounds like you are doing well... I had the same problem with smells and nausea in the first trimester... I remember loving the second trimester! Then you will really know what "fat" feels like when you get to the third trimester :) I can't wait for you to start feeling little kicks and squirms!! YAY!! I'm so happy for you :)
The love handles will disappear as the bump on the front gets bigger, not problem!
SO excited for you!! Congrats, again!! I love Ayrel and Lauren's comments. Ayrel is right about you being the tall, thing pregnant woman that you wouldn't know is pregnant unless you look down at the little basketball hiding under the shirt. Happy pregnancy!!
You look amazing! Keep us updated on your little human. :)
Post a Comment