Sunday, February 28, 2010

Paulita

I'd like to introduce you to my friend, Paula.

Apparently, we took classes together before both leaving on our missions, being in the MTC together, had rooms on the same floor, and passed by each other numerous times...which I don't remember...Paula went to the California Fresno Mission

where she was (I bet) the coolest and best sister missionary EVER!! I'll never forget our first day back at Utah State. She had been home about 4 days and felt a little "lost" without a companion. After our 7:30 a.m. class ended, she ran up to me and said, "Hi I'm Paula. You're Tanja. You just got back from a mission too. Can we be friends?" to which I was a little taken back because she managed to get all of that out within two seconds. From that point on, anyone in the COMD building knew that they would see us together wherever we were...she followed me to Institute, even followed me to the same ward (even though we were both in the same ward boundaries, I still count that), and even got the same church calling as me, resulting in us being ward missionary companions. It was almost like we were joined at the hip.

Felt like it was a good time to throw another picture in :)

Paula quickly became one of my best friends. I knew that I could count on her no matter what if something came up. She was actually the one that encouraged me to start dating Brad, helping put any doubts or worries aside and just to go for it. We've laughed together, cried together, and been plain crazy together. In fact, when Brad and I got engaged, second to my mom, she was the BIGGEST help in helping me stay sane and get through all the wedding planning we had in the 6 weeks we had to do it. She was the best maid-of-honor in the world!!

So, to the point of this blog. Friday was her 25th birthday! It was fun to kidnap our "Mexican" friend (love you girl!)
and take her to Texas Roadhouse, where we were all entertained by the fact that she got (yes Paula, it's a privilege) to sit on a saddle and have everyone yell "Yeehaw" to her.

We love you, Paulita!! You truly emulate what a true friend is, you have a beautiful testimony of the gospel, and you can make EVERYONE around you laugh without even trying. Anyone who knows you is lucky because you bless everyone's lives.

Feliz Cumpleanos, mi amiga!


2 comments:

Laurie said...

YeEHaW is right, Paulita is a doll! Give Paula my love and Birthday greetings too!

The Jessups said...

Cliff served in the Fresno mish! Glad you had a fun time for her bday!