Brad and I have been super busy, it feels like. Last weekend we decided we needed to escape the Logan inversion and leave the valley for the warmer Salt Lake City (we have about two feet of snow in our yard whereas SLC has no snow on the lawns...what's up with that??). Brei invited us to join her and her family for Raclette on Valentine's Day (if you don't know what that is, like me, I'll explain later) so we hopped on that option and headed out of Cache Valley. We spent the first night hanging out with Rachele and her kids, Mitchell, Curtis, and Aubree. We enjoyed going to Target, eating Target popcorn (which Aubree chowed down!!), and some Olympic watching. The next day we went to church with Brei and her family. Afterwards, both Kelly and Brei had meetings so we took the kids out back and had them tell us a story while laying on the trampoline (the weather was SOOOOOOO nice!!). The rule on Sundays is no jumping on the trampoline but that didn't go over too well.

After, we ate some delicious Raclette. Basically, each person has a little tray that you can put cheese in to melt which you put under the burner. On top of the burner is a skillet where you can grill up some sausages or meats which you then put on bread or potatoes with the melted cheese. It was dee-licious and Brei outdid herself by searching all over town for fantastic cheeses.

It was a wonderful weekend and a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day. Thanks familia!! The following day, the 15th, was Brad and my 6th month anniversary. Lucky for me, I had the day off from school but not so lucky for Brad...
I'm not a mean wife...he consented to the picture!!
he had a cold. We had big plans to celebrate but we decided to postpone them until the weekend. So I wrote some thank yous for wedding gifts (I'm awful!! Six months later and I'm still working on them...if you're waiting for one, they're coming. I promise!!)
1 comment:
I do the same thing with my kleenex. Poor Bradford. Glad he finally got his diploma. Guess I have to stop telling everyone my brother in-law graduated, but not really.
Post a Comment