I was just looking through our pictures and realized I missed out on blogging about a fun adventure we went on nearly two months ago! Our friends, the Willietners (minus Brianna and Elly), and our other friends, the Bennetts, and Brad and I decided to try out a little caving/spelunking...at nighttime. After all the guys got out of a Priesthood meeting in October, we drove up Logan canyon to Tony's Grove (where we encountered HUGE cows sleeping inches from the road, I thought we were going to die). We hiked up a steep side of a mountain (remember, this is at nighttime and my eyesight is awful at night. My depth perception was totally thrown off which meant I was the slowest person to get anywhere...it was embarrassing) and then set off to find the cave. Unfortunately, Ryan (the leader) had been up to this cave before in the daytime but the nighttime also threw him off a bit. So, the five of us set out to find the cave. There must have been some divine intervention through this whole thing because we NEVER found it (even after scoping the hillside for about 2 hours). I attribute this to the fact that, looking back, I think I would've become EXTREMELY claustrophobic in a tight cave (I didn't know it was going to be quite as small until they told me later). Heavenly Father had my back. Even though we never made it to our destination, it was wonderful being out in the mountains on a beautiful, clear night. We were able to stop and lay on some rocks and look at the stars (so romantic) and see the Milky Way. After hiking back down the steep mountainside (again, being the slowest and hunched over holding my headlamp as close to the ground as possible so I could see where I was going), we made it down and took this fabulous group picture with our headlamps (we are so cool). Brad and I feel very lucky that we've been able to make some good friends with families in our ward. Yea for adventures!!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment