Monday, December 20, 2010

Trains, Catching Up, & Lights

When Brad and I were dating, he told me that he'd never been on a train. Every year, I always made the same promise that I would take him on the FrontRunner (a train from Ogden to Salt Lake City) to go and see the Christmas lights at Temple Square. This is our 3rd Christmas together and I had yet to fulfill that promise. So, this year I stuck to my guns (tough girl!) and FINALLY took Brad down. On our way to Ogden, we were a bit delayed because of the slow drivers (I don't get road rage, I just am sometimes an impatient driver...) and we got lost trying to find the station. But, with a little help from our friend, Paula who lives in Odgen now, we made it and only arrived in SLC an hour later than planned {she also came to the station and was our photographer}.

Getting on the train!!

hahaha, she's not going to like me posting this picture but I LOVE it!!

We made plans to meet up with one of my good friends, Nicole, and her husband of 11 months, Adam (whom we'd never met before). Nicole and I knew each other from high school and were roommates for our 1st semester at USU. Unfortunately, she had to transfer to another school because USU didn't have her program or else you better believe we would've lived together longer. I haven't seen her in almost 3 years so it was SOOOOOO much fun to see her and catch up; she's definitely one of those friends where you haven't seen each other for awhile but you pick everything up right where it left off {plus, I found out that they bought a house right around the corner from my sister, Brei. Coincidence?? I think not... :) }. We were able to enjoy some dinner with them and then go walk around Temple Square and see the lights. We were definitely glad we took Trax because the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert featuring David Archuleta was just ending and people/cars were EVERYWHERE, it would've been a nightmare if we had driven! But the lights, naturally, did not disappoint. Brad and I both had a wonderful night!!

5 comments:

The Ostlers said...

What a fun idea! I have never ridden Front Runner- I think I might just do it now :) That picture with Paula in it warms my heart...I miss you guys!

Brei said...

love the new header picture! where did your friends buy their house? can't wait to see you wednesday and then hopefully in memphis!!!

Laurie said...

Love that you did this and got to see Nicole and meet her husband, and that they are in Brei & Kelly's neighborhood!!! Love the pictures, love that Brad finally got his train ride, love that you made him a Christmas tree, and love most of all that you will be HERE in just a few days!!!! Brei's going to Memphis too, maybe??? Me too, me too (I wish)!

Paula said...

Hahaha... you're right... I dislike the "no makeup for five days" look that I've got goin' on in that picture. BUT, I am SO glad that I got to see you guys and be a part of the "Brad's first train ride" experience!!! Glad you had a fun time! Love you! Peace.

Adam and Nicole said...

It was a great time! Lets make sure we don't wait 3 years again!