The night before Brad's parents left to head back east, Gus experienced his first bad experience with his kin...a big (literally) bad Siamese cat. We heard the whines and Brad and I each dashed out opposite doors (me out the back, him out the front...Brad picked the right one) racing to see what was happening. Brad caught sight of the mean kitty running away (whom we later found out belongs to our landlord and next door neighbor) while Gus ran inside and hid under a bed for the rest of the night. We didn't think much of it because there wasn't any blood and thought Gus was hiding because he was scared. As the night progressed, Gus came out of his hiding spot but whined whenever we would pet him. Again, didn't think much of it until his somber mood didn't improve the next day. Being the natural "freaker-outer" that I am, the next day I was worried about him while I was at work. Thankfully, my manager is an animal-lover and requested that I leave early to take him to the vet. I headed home, crated Gus up, and went to the Vet -- who found a nice old bite mark. The dr. gave him an antibiotic shot and then said, "50% of the time this will work, 50% of the time the bite may get infected and you'll be back here at the end of the week to drain the abscess." Well, we ended up falling into the second half of that statement and Gus got a nice, anesthetic nap and a shaved bum. Poor little guy.
8 years ago
1 comment:
I feel so bad for Gus! What a mean Siamese cat to attack him. I hope he doesn't get in any more fights. Keep the posts coming! =)
Post a Comment