33 weeks and counting.
7 more to go.
[9 more days of the school year/work...crossing my fingers that everything continues to go smoothly and that the little human doesn't decide to come within the next two weeks.]
Baby's Stats:
Baby is the size of a durian...again, a fruit that I have no idea what it is.
Here's a picture to help you [and me] visualize it.
![]() | |
| I tried to find one where we could compare it to something else... |
This kind of fruit is native to southeast Asia and is regarded as the "king of fruits."
It is used to flavor a variety of candies, biscuits, and ice cream.
But it's mostly eaten raw with a side of sticky rice.
Now we're all just a little bit smarter...
Baby D. weighs between 4.2 to 5.8 pounds,
is 17.2 to 18.7 inches long,
he's keeping his eyes open while he's awake,
coordinating his breathing with sucking and swallowing,
his bones are hardening,
can hear everything [our voices, my stomach growling, breathing, and heartbeat],
and his skin is turning from red to pink, meaning that he's storing iron in his liver.
My Stats:
| Week 33 |
Grow, baby, grow.
Baby Dalton continues to wiggle and squirm...and constantly has the hiccups. For the most part, I don't mind the moving, wiggling, and rhythmic hiccups but sometimes they are super annoying [am I the only one that feels this way? Is this a sign of pre-bad motherhood? Just being honest.]. For the most part, I don't mind all the commotion because it just reminds me that there's a little human in there.
And the charlie horses -- holy camoli!
I've had them throughout my life, but over the last 3 weeks, I have had at least one charlie horse...A NIGHT...some nights, I get one in both legs. And they kill!! There have been a few nights where I've woken up suddenly from them and start screaming and Brad wakes up in a frenzy asking, "Are you having the baby?" hahaha, it's embarrassing when all I have to say is that it's a charlie horse. Fortunately, my calves are a lot stronger and aren't so sore afterwards in the morning.
And this last week, I can honestly say that I've had some serious pregnancy brain [I never thought it was real]. I tell people that I'll do things or bring something and 2 minutes later it's completely left my mind. Totally embarrassing and against my OCD nature. I'm hoping my mind comes back soon.
Until then, I have another doctor's appointment on Friday to look forward to. And we have officially decided [and turned my papers in last Friday] that I will not be returning to work come next Fall. That was a very difficult decision and my brain has still not wrapped around the idea entirely. I have LOVED my job at the elementary school and special needs preschool and have learned and grown so much in the field of speech-language pathology. I'm planning to maintain all my licenses so that I can continue to do some private stuff on the side and return to work at the drop of a dime if the time/necessity comes. Until then, I guess I'll look forward to all the free time I'll acquire to learn new hobbies and attempt those Pinterest projects.

3 comments:
1. I have had a durian- they ARE yummy! And look just like that.
2. I like Brad's reaction to your charlie horses- he's funny. Keep him around!
3. I think once this little man comes, you won't think twice about leaving work, he will have you wrapped around his finger.
4. Avery sure loved talking to Car. She made sure to tell dad first thing when he got home.
I love how you are documenting your pregnancy! It will be fun for Baby D to read later, and for you to compare with your future pregnancies :) So sorry to hear that you are getting Charlie horses so frequently. That was one of the few problems I had during my first pregnancy, but I didn't have them that frequently, and very rarely during my other pregnancies. Pregnancy brain, on the other hand, has never left. I just didn't know that's what caused it. So no I really can blame my kids! Can't wait to meet Baby D - so excited for you & Brad!
Getting close! So exciting! When we move back in Oct., can we have play dates?
Post a Comment