Week 35 is here! That means only ONE more week until they say I'm "full-term."
Can it get more real??
I can tell Baby D. is getting a little more squished, his movements are definitely not as wild as they have been in the past. And it's funny to see portions of my belly sticking out at weird angles when he's stretching.
Baby's Stats:
Baby is the size of a coconut.
He is between 16 to 19 inches long [and probably won't get much longer],
weighs between 5 to 6 pounds [and will gain about an ounce a day until his birth, which equals out to about 1/2 a pound a week],
his hearing is fully developed and responds best to high-pitched noises,
has fully developed kidneys,
and his lungs will be completely developed by the end of the week [followed quickly after by his respiratory and digestive systems].
My Stats:
| Week 35 |
Whoa! I'm wearing a dress [thanks, Brianna!!]. I knew it was going to take me about an hour to change [why is it that dresses are harder to get in and out of when you're pregnant?], so I just told Brad to get me with what I was wearing :) Still feeling great though. No complaints, really. I still feel like he's in a breech position which is super uncomfortable when I'm trying to relax because his head always ends up in my ribs, which make any position unbearable. But we have a Drs. appointment on Friday where he'll check the positioning of el nino and we'll start making plans depending on what's going on [cray-cray].
Brad and I have been super busy this weekend. We picked up this:
[thank you nice lady from KSL classifieds, we got a steal of a deal!]
and we picked up and installed this:
It's official. We can bring him home from the hospital now. I was getting anxious about getting everything ready, but mostly just knowing that we had the car seat in case he came tomorrow [who cares about a hospital bag, a crib prepared, or having his clothes washed and ready, right?]. Now it's just the odds and ends to do. We spent a lot of time yesterday organizing and cleaning the house [which feels great!]. Brad did a fantastic job with the basement, now we actually have room to store stuff.
The last day of school for my kiddos was Friday [super bittersweet] so now they are on summer vacay. I have three more days of work [after Memorial Day, naturally] until my contract is up -- that's another very bittersweet feeling -- and then it's prep/go time.
As far as other news goes, Gus went on a little hiatus for 48 hours. I did not like it.at.all. My imagination naturally went to all the horrible things that might've happened to him. I went to work one day with puffy eyes because I'd been crying so hard the night before [I know, ridiculous]. But he finally showed up on our doorstep 2 days later, super skinny, and very tired. After 2 days of not being the "normal" Gus, we finally took him to the vet where all they could tell us was that he was dehydrated. Fortunately, he's been drinking a lot more and is starting to eat some solid food again. Silly kitty. And guess where he is now? Back outside...we can't find him again. But it's only been 2 hours, hopefully he'll be back tonight. Brad says that this is preparing us for kids. I can only imagine...
Also, our landlord/neighbor/sheep farmer, Jeff, separated the little lambs from their mommas this morning. This is what we've been able to enjoy while we've been home today.
Such whiners! It is sad to see them so distraught but funny at the same time because their mom's are all down the hill far away, probably enjoying their new[or returning]-found freedom.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day! Ever since I had the experience of working at the Veteran's Home, I've had a special appreciation for the sacrifice and dedication of others to protect my freedoms and rights and defend this country.
Thank you.
1 comment:
hooray, I am happy you found the rocking chair you wanted and got a sweet deal. We need KSL around here!!! Baby's gonna be here so soon...sooooo excited!!! I think car seat, a few onesies and diapers and loves and kisses are really the main things you need to bring this little guy home for now...everything else is extra.
Post a Comment