Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pineapple + Tumble

The countdown is on...here it is:
31 weeks
OR
9 weeks until the due date.
Weird.
That's a single digit, aye aye aye.

Baby's Stats this week:
Baby D. is the size of a pineapple!
He weighs between 2.5 and 3.8 pounds,
is 15.2 to 16.7 inches long,
going through some MAJOR brain development this week,
his irises now react to light,
all five of his senses are working,
and he has more defined periods of being awake and asleep.

Way to go, babe!!

My stats:

Week 31
 Again, not a whole lot happening this week.  The baby is riding high in my ribs/lungs.  Today I was SUPER winded while I was talking to a parent about their child's progress and it was really weird to be so winded when all I was doing was sitting and talking.  Also, my lower back has started to be a little sore, it's hard to sit in one position for super long or walk a long distance.  And, holy bladder!  Every time I stand up, I feel like I have to hurry to the potty.  I can't walk fast because that also elicits a similar reaction.  Soooo, that creates a lose-lose situation.  When I stand, I gotta go but I can't get there fast because it makes it worse; so, I have to walk at a slowish pace to the bathroom with an exploding bladder.  No bueno.  I've cut it close WAY to many times in the last 3 days.  

Brad and I had a WONDERFUL weekend [next post will be about that] filled with both his family, that had come out for Logan's graduation, and my family, that had come out for a baby shower that my sister's threw [super cute!].  As we were saying goodbye to my Mom outside of my sister's house, I had a horrible fall.  I had been standing on the lid in their front yard to their water/sewer connection [it was the circle, metal lid...you know what I'm talking about, right?] while talking to my Mom when all of a sudden it slid out from under me and my right leg went straight down into the hole.  It happened SOOO quickly that all of a sudden, I was on the ground -- one leg in the sewer/water [gross] hole and the other leg straight in front of me.  I've never seen Brad run so fast!!  He came right over and helped me up [since there was no way I would've been able to get out of that position by myself] and we checked out my leg.  Fortunately, it hadn't been a terribly hard landing but it definitely startled us and was very unsettling.  Besides the nice scrape and bruise [picture below, you are warned...but please don't mind my nasty pajama pants that I rolled up on the one leg and it looks like I have a diaper on], I haven't had any other residual effects which is good.  I have my doctor's appointment on Friday and will see what he thinks and if there is anything I need to be aware of/pay attention to.  Have you ever had a scary fall while you were pregnant?  It certainly rattled our emotions.


Let the countdown continue, can't wait for him to arrive!

4 comments:

Globe Trotters said...

man oh man, that was a scary fall! and the bruises tell the story!!! glad you are ok. I had such a fun time this weekend- Avery has been talking about Car and Braah and baaaa all day, she misses you guys (she only mentioned aunt sho sho once and no one else...you guys win- and car was always mentioned first and in combination with braa- she loves you aunt car!!!!!)

single digits?!? wowwzaaa!

Anjuli said...

I was run off the road by a truck and crashed sideways into a tree when I was about 20 weeks pregnant with my first. Aside from extra wiggling due to the adrenaline rush, baby was fine. I did end up in the ER because I stopped feeling movement from the baby about an hour after the crash, and it is standard procedure after a car accident. Turns out he was just tired from the excitement and wanted to rest.

Babies are resilient, and are quite protected inside the mama. If Baby D is still wiggling as usual all is well.

Shannon and Family said...

I am sorry to hear about your fall!! I did have a scary fall when I slipped on some ice at 7 months pregnant. I landed face down on my belly. Carter decided not to make any more movements for a few hours so spent the night in the hospital with a fetal monitor on all night. All is well, Carter arrived safe and sound a few months later on his due date. Glad your ok and it was so nice to see you yesterday.

ba said...

That is supper scary, and sure does make you extra careful.
Glad to see you at 31 weeks!!! and that you had such a good time with family.