This last week, I turned 29.
[I might be one of those people that say "It's my 3rd anniversary of being 29" in three years...I don't know why, but I think 30 is going to be a tough birthday for me, it's already intimidating].
So, in preparation for turning the big 3-0, I compiled a list of thirty things that I want to do before I turn 30. I'm posting it here so that I can look back at it frequently and be held accountable. As I begin to accomplish some of the tasks, I'm hoping to share some of the success and failures [the crafts are going to be the death of me!]. And I'm also keeping the option open of changing some of the things in case I think of something else I'd rather complete. We'll see...
1. Learn to juggle [with 3 objects].
2. Hike Mount Timpanogas.
3. Learn how to make a jewelry piece.
4. Watch a sunrise.
5. Make a really complex dessert from scratch [that tastes great :)].
6. Learn how to modge podge.
7. Read a new book each month [any recommendations are welcome!].
8. Visit the Grand Canyon [never been].
9. Go camping for one night [anyone who knows us, knows that this one's going to be HARD!].
10. Write a will.
11. Do a detox cleanse.
12. Go see a dermatologist.
13. Learn and memorize a new, difficult piece on the piano.
14. See the blood moon in October.
15. Go to a concert.
16. Refinish our kitchen table.
17. Sew something that I can wear [and looks good].
18. Float in the Great Salt Lake.
19. Stay up on New Year's Eve to ring in the New Year [we haven't done that since we were dating].
20. Learn how to do my hair in wavy curls.
21. Watch a meteor shower.
22. Buy a lipstick and wear it in public.
23. Complete my CEU's to maintain my ASHA license.
24. Have Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving.
25. Buy some good boots for winter.
26. Have a better food storage established/72 hour kits updated.
27. Go somewhere and pick fruit.
28. Jam said fruit.
29. Go to a parade.
30. Dress up for Halloween with a family theme [the last time I dressed up was when we were dating, lame].

6 comments:
Oh my goodness, I love the 30 before 30 idea!! And you can totally do those things. I have a pattern for a really easy dress to make...I'll send it your way. AND, I love to mod podge...come up for a visit and we can craft for a day! :) I kinda love it. You are amazing, and I hope you had a happy birthday!!
I feel the exact same way about 30 with my 29th bd coming up, it makes me feel nervous. Good luck on all your goals!
That was from Carly, not Tony btw. Haha.
Looking at your list, I understand why become 30 is such a big thing... to much pressure?? May be change the 3 into a 5 ;) So..before 50
Felt the same about 30. Then my sister told me something that stuck. "Why tell people that you are younger than you are and have them think " wow, she looks older than that" you should tell people your correct age and have them think " no way, she doesn't look that old at ALL" I've always told people my real age (I'm 38) and they've always been surprised. :) Or at least said they were! :) Oh and there is a fantastic little raspberry/blackberry u-pick place just down the road from us. You need to come and pick then we will jam while the boys play! Middle of August-beginning of October! I will remind you when they are on! Let's make this happen!!!
wahoo. you made your list!!! Looks pretty good! And doable! I can help you with the jewelry :)
Post a Comment