Tuesday, July 22, 2014

13 Months

Am I REALLY writing about Will's recent month ON the actual day [instead of post-dating it two weeks later...]??  It's a miracle! [And it doesn't hurt that the little one is going on an almost 3 hour nap :)]

But can I just say, I feel like our little baby has turned from baby to toddler and I have very mixed emotions about it.  I love seeing his growth and development every day, I'll just soak what's left of the "baby-ness" in while I can.

Perks of shots = he'll actually cuddle with me!
Crazy bed head

I feel like I need to explain the above picture.  Will loves taking toys into the kitchen and banging them on the floor [something about loud noises :)].  He had crawled into the kitchen doing his routine toy duties and then saw the magnets I had placed low enough for him to reach.  He crawled over and started pulling the magnets off and banging them on the ground [in normal fashion].  I was sitting in our living room working on something when a couple of minutes later decided I should go check on Will and just make sure he's ok when I walked into the kitchen and saw the above.  My initial reaction was anger and frustration [we were heading to his swim lesson in about 15 minutes] but I had made a rule with myself that if' I'm ever upset at something he does, I have to take a picture first before I do anything.  And in reality, it was 100% my fault that he even found the eggs [our neighbors had given us some fresh eggs from their hens in a bucket (pictured above by the trash can), I kept meaning to put them down in our basement but didn't and forgot they were there when Mr. Will found them].  The sound of him banging the magnets on the floor was a very similar sound off the eggs cracking on the floor...I watched him for a second to see what he was doing and Will would crack the egg just enough to where he could push his thumb thru and then using his thumb start playing with the egg/yolk inside of the shell.  Once everything seemed mixed up enough, he'd drop the egg to the floor and then find a new one.  I laugh now [sort of] but that was a hard mess to clean up [I have such an abhorrence to bad smells and have constant anxiety that our house smells funny -- this did not help, I felt like I could smell those eggs for days!].  Thanks for keeping our days entertaining, little one!


First Salt Lake Bees Game [coincidentally playing the  new El Paso Chihuahuas -- Fear the Ears!]
Super ticklish on ribs and thighs -- love his giggles!
Kneeling.


 First "real" experience with fireworks.
Teeth count = 12 [his bottom molars just came in too; 6 on top and 6 on bottom].
Folds his arms when we say prayers.



SWIM LESSONS!!  The first week was terrible because he was still super fussy from his 1-year shots but by the end of the second week, he was a pro!  I love in the second video how you hear all the moms with their high-pitched voices squealing "kick kick kick, etc."  Will wasn't too happy about swimming this day because he saw Dad on the sidelines and wanted to play with him.

Hazel [middle] was upset at Will [right]  for taking the ball from Duncan [left] -- what a loyal friend!
Always has his feet up against the edge of the tray during meals.

 Really, REALLY into climbing -- wants to climb everything!
Balances well holding to something with 1 hand.
LOTS of new babbling/sounds -- the SLP in me is LOVING this :) [Anne, he just picked up his /n/ so we're hoping he'll learn "Nana" before we get to Maine next month!]


Absolutely LOVES making people laugh, he's such a clown.
Mastered the "high 5."
Knows how to turn our printer on and off now [endless fun].
Says "da" or "a-da" for Dad :)


 Walking with his little scooter [this video was when he was first starting, he's become quite the scooter walker lately but still manages to look like an older man with his walker, hahaha].
Starting to tantrum -- flings his head back if he's upset, screams, twists/contorts his body.
LOVES to be chased around the house.


Learned how to open cupboards and drawers -- my kitchen has not been the same since.
Learned how to use his feet to push my hands away/around when I'm trying to change his diaper.
Loves wrestle-fests with Dad.
Playing with Boston

Such cuteness wrapped up into such a small little body.
Love you, Little Man!

1 comment:

Globe Trotters said...

you can see it happening - baby moving into toddler. He is so cute. Can't wait to play with him next week. Avery too! :)