Thursday, July 24, 2014

"30 before 30" Update

I decided, to make myself more accountable for my goals, I want to update where I'm at every three months.  And today is the first update :)

Ok, here's the list [I've changed one of them (so far, there might be more changes later...) just because of feasibility].
 
1. Learn to juggle [with 3 objects].
2. Hike Mount Timpanogas.
3. Learn how to make a jewelry piece.
4. Watch a sunrise.
5. Make a really complex dessert from scratch [that tastes great :)].
6. Learn how to modge podge.
 
7. Read a new book each month [any recommendations are welcome!]. -- This one is going VERY well!  I read "The Book Thief" in May, "I am Malala" in June, and "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" in July.  I think my favorite of the 3 so far is "The Book Thief."  I was bawling for 20 minutes after I finished reading.  But the other two, both non-fiction, were very impressive and informative, I would still highly recommend both of them as well.
 
8. Visit the Grand Canyon [never been].
8. Drive up to Francis Peak.
We did this a couple of weeks ago and it was GORGEOUS!!  It was so beautiful, I actually asked Brad if we could go camping up there soon.  I ASKED TO GO CAMPING!?!  Unheard of...but it was just so awesome.
 
 
9. Go camping for one night [anyone who knows us, knows that this one's going to be HARD!].
10. Write a will.
11. Do a detox cleanse.
12. Go see a dermatologist.
13. Learn and memorize a new, difficult piece on the piano.
14. See the blood moon in October.
15. Go to a concert.
16. Refinish our kitchen table.
17. Sew something that I can wear [and looks good].
 
18. Float in the Great Salt Lake.
I did this one with Brad and my cousin, Melanee [this was actually the first thing to cross of my list thanks to the encouragement and free entrance pass into the National Park from Mel -- now just send me the pictures, cousin :)]
 
19. Stay up on New Year's Eve to ring in the New Year [we haven't done that since we were dating].
20. Learn how to do my hair in wavy curls -- tried, still failing.
21. Watch a meteor shower.
22. Buy a lipstick and wear it in public.
23. Complete my CEU's to maintain my ASHA license.
24. Have Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving.
25. Buy some good boots for winter.
26. Have a better food storage established/72 hour kits updated.
27. Go somewhere and pick fruit.
28. Jam said fruit.
29. Go to a parade.
30. Dress up for Halloween with a family theme [the last time I dressed up was when we were dating, lame].  
 
 
Ok, I'm realizing I still have a LONG way to go, yikes!!  Hopefully there will be more to share in October :)

1 comment:

Globe Trotters said...

good job working on your goals! I think you should still keep Visit the Grand Canyon - because that is a pretty good goal to have :) And I am proud of you for suggesting camping - then you will have another one done :)