It seems like ever since I started using a smart phone and immersed myself into Instagram that I no longer really think about my blog [I'm hardly on our computer anymore and the thought of trying to write a post on my phone makes me nauseous]. Which is sad! So many fun events have happened that I should've written about but right now, I'll just do a photo catch-up of some of this summer's events...
My Mom and my brother-in-law, Logan, ran the Ogden Half Marathon in the middle of May [I was supposed to run too but did something to my knee and wasn't able to run more than a mile a week before the race...didn't think I would make 13, bummer. Very disappointed.]. It was fun being able to cheer them on and they both did an amazing job! Logan ran it in under 2 hours and my Mom was right on par with what she was hoping [unfortunately, all the pictures are on Brad's phone].
![]() |
| And they're off!! |
![]() | |
| The cheering squad! |
On June 14th, my sister, Sonja, married McFatty [aka-Marc]. It was such a special day!! I really don't know how else to describe it. Everything was perfect and the atmosphere and spirit around the temple and reception was very uplifting [I was having too much fun, this is my only picture...hahaha].
![]() |
| Will's 1st tattoo |
Then, over the 4th of July weekend we had some more family fun! BBQ at Marc and Sonja's house followed by some fireworks on the 4th, Kyle's baptism and Bee's game [coincidentally playing the El Paso Chihuahuas -- Mom made sure to bring some swag from El Paso] on the 5th, and Aaron's baby blessing on the 6th.
![]() |
| Fear the Ears |
![]() |
| Curtis, Mitchell, Kyle, Aubree, Will, Emma, Sami, Natasha, Adelyn, & Elena |
![]() |
| Trying to decide how he feels about the fireworks. |
Brad and I decided to do a little exploring near home and drive up to Francis Peak [where the observatory is up Farmington Canyon]. I'm so glad we did it, it was beautiful!! And soooooo peaceful. If it had been a bit clearer of a day [smog/smoke from nearby fires made it a bit hazy] you could see down south into Utah county and up north past Ogden, east into Morgan and the entire Great Salt Lake to the west. I have a hunch we'll probably go up again sometime.
We still have quite a bit more planned for the rest of the summer...hopefully I'll get it up here a little quicker :) Happy Summer!



























1 comment:
yes post more! please! because Will has grown so much from the photo you posted from the race, to the last one of him playing with rocks - only a couple of months! summertime is the best, glad you are taking advantage of all the fun summer things in Utah. next time we come up, I want to take that drive, it looks awesome!
Post a Comment