
Happy Mother's Day, Mom!The second mom we would like to recognize is my AmAzInG mother-in-law, Anne. [Brad here!]- My mom is the coolest mom ever because she is one of very few moms that would take me to church, but also take me to a rock concert, if she had the chance. She is super active and is a dedicated seminary teacher. She raised four boys so I need not say anymore.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!
We miss you, Grandma Hallie!
Last of all, this blog is dedicated to my (Tanja's) beautiful host-mom's back in the Netherlands. Although I don't get to see or talk to you often, I think of you always! My first host-mom is Sjannie (pronounced "shanie"). She treated me just like a daughter and I truly felt like I was part of their family. She also is a wonderful example of grace and beauty. She never spoke an unkind word. I loved accompanying her on the piano and hearing her beautiful voice.
Happy Mother's Day, Sjannie! Ik hou van je!
My second host-mom is Marie-Jose. I've been thinking about her quite a bit today; her husband, Hans, recently passed away. I hope that she is surrounded by family today and knows how much we love her {unfortunately, I don't have a picture available}. Happy Mother's Day, Marie-Jose!
My third host-mom is Joke (pronounced "yoka"). I've always remembered and admired how easy it was to talk to Joke. She loved to take me on outings to make sure that I saw as much of Holland as I could. Her ears and heart were always open to listen to me (even with my horrible Dutch accent) and made me feel like I always had a place in her home.
Happy Mother's Day, Joke! Ik hou van je, ook!

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!How can we talk about mom's and not include our grandmother's! We love you for spoiling us, playing "pickle" or "Mexican Train" with us, and loving us. We wish we could see you more often and hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Last of all, this blog is dedicated to my (Tanja's) beautiful host-mom's back in the Netherlands. Although I don't get to see or talk to you often, I think of you always! My first host-mom is Sjannie (pronounced "shanie"). She treated me just like a daughter and I truly felt like I was part of their family. She also is a wonderful example of grace and beauty. She never spoke an unkind word. I loved accompanying her on the piano and hearing her beautiful voice.
My second host-mom is Marie-Jose. I've been thinking about her quite a bit today; her husband, Hans, recently passed away. I hope that she is surrounded by family today and knows how much we love her {unfortunately, I don't have a picture available}. Happy Mother's Day, Marie-Jose!
My third host-mom is Joke (pronounced "yoka"). I've always remembered and admired how easy it was to talk to Joke. She loved to take me on outings to make sure that I saw as much of Holland as I could. Her ears and heart were always open to listen to me (even with my horrible Dutch accent) and made me feel like I always had a place in her home.
To sum up our thoughts, here is a poem and virtual flowers [outside our front door :)] for all of our lovely mothers out there (sisters, friends, aunts, etc.):
"Happy Mother's Day" means more
Than have a happy day.
Within those words lie lots of things
We never get to say.
Than have a happy day.
Within those words lie lots of things
We never get to say.
It means I love you first of all,
Then thanks for all you do.
It means you mean a lot to me,
And that I honor you.


1 comment:
What a sweet post - thank you! And to end it with tulips - perfect! I'll say it again: I love being your mother (that includes you too, Brad!)
Post a Comment