Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Part 3 - Solitude

On the final day of the Dalton family adventure, we made our way up to Solitude for a day of skiing and snowboarding. It was the perfect day -- cloudy, lightly snowing, and a thin layer of powder. I'm not the quickest person on skis and gladly admit that I was the last one down the hill 95% of the time but we all had a BLAST! Remember, when you say you're good for one more run, STOP right then!! Brad and I both didn't listen and I ended up sliding down the mountain and he ended up falling on a jump on our last runs...


Following our day in the snow, we went out to dinner and then "big-ball bowling" (back East they have small-ball bowling [there aren't any finger holes and the balls are the sizes of hmmm...a large grapefruit; very fun! I did it for the first time last summer] and very few big-ball bowling alleys). Then we had to say goodbye so they could catch their red-eye flight back to Maine. We were all sad to say goodbye and have already started planning our next vacation together (Donnell Pond!! Wahoo!! Click here for a refresher on this piece of heaven.).

No comments: