Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baby Year

This post has been a long time in the making for a number of reasons, some of which are beyond my control :) This year I have designated “baby” year. I have been to more baby showers, received more picture texts of baby bumps/newborns, and had more conversations about the tiny things than I remember ever having. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve enjoyed everything and even have had a twinge of wanting one (because they are so cute and cuddly but then I remember there’s much more to it than just that) once or twice but I felt like this was a good moment to recognize all the new mommies and mommies-to-be (and daddies!).

[Disclaimer: If you would like me to remove your name/picture due to confidentiality, no hard feelings. If I have accidently forgotten anyone, please let me know so that I can add them. And no, this is not a post where afterwards I tell you that I am pregnant too. (P.S. I stole most of the pictures off of blogs...enjoy.)]

Greg & Aubrie Zeh -- Cooper Zeh; January 18th

Andrew & Kristen Graham -- Makayla Ivy Graham; January 24th

Chad & Chelsea DeVries -- Boston DeVries; March 8th

Matt & Sandee Clark -- Oliver Clark; March 20th

Barry & Trisha Boyce -- Ellie Boyce; March 22nd

James & Sarah Gedge -- expecting at the beginning of May

Kelly & Brei Bunker -- expecting at the beginning of May

Tony & Carly Dunlop -- expecting at the end of May

Ben & Ayrel Gonzalez -- expecting in the middle of July

Evan & Lauren Moore -- expecting at the beginning of August

Jess & Jennae Godfrey -- expecting in the middle of August

Levi & Jenn Fearnley -- expecting in September

Jason & Heidi Madsen -- expecting in September

And that's just to September!! I know there are more who want children and are doing everything they can to have that special privilege and I look forward to your texts/pictures/ phone calls when that day arrives. Also, there are many of you that have had an unexpected twist in events concerning your new little family and I know our Father in Heaven is aware. You are all WONDERFUL women (and men) whom I look up to tremendously for the love and commitment you have to your family and for the sacrifices you make everyday, whether due to pains/discomforts during pregnancy (not men) or getting used to taking care of someone else. Thank you for your amazing examples!

8 comments:

Globe Trotters said...

wowza, this is a baby year for you! I didn't know about Jen, exciting! Good thing so many people are having babies, you guys can get your baby fix :)

Warmer Scent said...

WOW! I don't even have that many friends let alone all of them having babies! haha Very sweet post, I feel honored to be included :)

Sarah said...

You are one funny lady that is surrounded by a ton of babies and pregnant ladies. Are you holding out okay? I guess you would be in this situation if you didn't have so many friends though, right!?!

Paula said...

You forgot to mention me and ma food baby. I'll send you a pic and a text later. Hugs.

Ryan and Hetz said...

I agree! Babies everywhere. I need to drink the water they are drinking! Heck fill up my bathtub with it! :)

HUGHES FAMILY said...

Haha it IS baby year!! A ton of my friends are having/have had babies too : )

Trisha said...

Jennae's pregnant?! I had no idea. Wow, and you are right, this is definitely the year for babies. Everywhere I turn, someone is pregnant. Also, whenever you decide to have a baby, you are going to be the most incredible mom ever, seriously! You're absolutely amazing!

CarlyK said...

Wooohoo we made your blog!!:) I'm really hoping that we actually get to have a picture of that baby in 4 weeks!(It would be a couple of weeks before the "due date, but I've never had a baby early, I think it's my turn.)