Monday, April 23, 2012

Going Private

Not on this blog but in another aspect of my life...after lots of thought, prayer, discussion, counsel, more prayer, more thought, and a lot of faith, Brad and I have decided for me to leave my job and work as a private SLP in the area.  We have felt good about this decision ever since it was first brought up but kept it on the DL until we felt like things were more in place.  I talked to my manager a few weeks ago and my last day of work is May 2nd...so soon!  I have had a great experience working at the Veterans Home and plan to stay on as PRN (as needed, say if someone calls in sick and they need help) for the company (MountainLand) but am now starting to spread my resources and connections and work with kids.  This means that I'll be able to create my own schedule and be able to still provide some financial support to our little family.  If you know anyone in the Layton area whose child may need SLP services, feel free to send them my way! 
Wish us luck!

5 comments:

Gibbons said...

Do you have any interest in doing feeding therapy? I have lots of friends who children have feeding issues (throught the congenital heart defect world)and would be happy to recommend you to them if that is up your alley.

Miss Crystal said...

That is SO awesome! If I knew people out in the area I would recommend you, for sure. Good luck!

The Jessups said...

Awesome! Congrats! This will be perfect when you have kids if you wanted to keep working! ....and I am SO glad it was not a private blog announcement! I am SOOO bad at keeping up with my private friends. :(

Ryan and Hetz said...

Yeah! I am so proud of you! I will for sure recommend you to ANYONE!

Kristen and Andrew said...

Good Luck!! CUTE cards!! ;)