Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mini Reunion

This last Saturday I was able to have a mini El Paso reunion with three of my good friends. My friend, Kelli, and I met when we were freshmen in high school. Recently, she moved back to Utah from Colorado and is now only 10 minutes away. It's been fantastic catching up with her [she even cut my hair recently] and when the opportunity arose to go see two of our other El Paso peeps, we jumped on it! Our friend Barbara, who I met in Mrs. Bradford's 1st grade class [no Barb, I won't share the crayon story :); and coincidence that I married a guy named Bradford] is just about to have her first baby [due date is the day before my birthday...I hope she comes a day late] and so we decided to go down together and wish Barbara Ann and Baby G. a happy day. When we found out the location, we realized it was right by our other friend, Nicole, who we met our sophomore years in high school and who just had her first baby about 6 months ago [Sophie]. So when the day came, we made the short trip down to West Jordan and had lunch with Nicole and got a tour of her new house [it's still so weird that we're all grown up...I feel like we should still be in high school]. Then we headed over to the baby shower and got to see Barbs and all the neat gifts she received. Kelli and I were the only ones there that didn't have kids so we were amazed with the advice that was shared and now feel a little more prepared ourselves for when that day comes :) I love knowing that I have El Paso friends nearby and that they are true friends. It never feels like any time has lapsed and we pick up where we left off. Viva El Paso!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

So fun to see all those beautiful faces - I think you all look like you are still in HS, by the way. (But I guess since Nicole has a baby and Barbara is about to have a baby it's a good thing you aren't!)

The Jessups said...

How fun!! And I agree with your mom. You all look the same!!

Jeremy and Barbara Green said...

I feel so honored to have made it on your blog! Thanks again for coming to my baby shower, it was great to see both of you. =)

Evan and Lauren said...

Fun!!! Yay El Paso!! I'm glad you all got to see each other :)

Kristen and Andrew said...

FUN for you- I think the coolest people ever might just come from El Paso. I too am so thankful for my El Paso friends- and all the memories!