Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Donnell Pond, Part 1

I figure instead of doing one LARGE post of our trip to Maine, I would try and update every few days and avoid the overwhelming feeling of doing it all at once.

We love Maine!!  It has been so wonderful being here and spending time with Brad's family.  We especially love spending time with our favorite of Brad's brothers, Logan. He is the most amazing person we know and by far the best Dalton there is, I wish we could be more like him [written by Logan when I left the computer].  We've spent the majority of the time so far at the camp at Donnell Pond (minus the time at church on Sunday) with family and friends.  Here's our first two days at a glance...

Logan
Anne, Greg, Julia, and Julia's son Logan Jr.

Connor and Amanda
Connor
The following day was filled with a morning 5k around the lake, blueberry picking, blueberry pancakes, beach time, and pirates.  This was my first year to be a pirate, and it's hard work.  Epic pillages and spillages occurred.  Following lake time, we spent the afternoon relaxing at the camp with Ladderball, cards (and consequences for the losers), and a fire.  

This was the "leisurely" tube ride with Anne & Greg, and Logan on the small tube.
Best in-laws ever


Milo

And our video of the card game results isn't loading.  A very competitive game of Monopoly Deal was started with Logan, Stephen, Brad, and I.  Winner stayed dry, 2nd place had to jump in the lake, 3rd place had to swim to a tube anchored down a little ways away, and last place had to swim to a beach even farther away.  Brad won, I got 2nd, Logan got 3rd, and Stephen lost...sad day.  Good memories.

1 comment:

Globe Trotters said...

:(
Wish I could be there. Sounds like too much fun not to be shared with ME! But glad you made it, glad Brad's family still likes you, and therefore, you get to have fun!
:)
Keep on posting, it's fun having regular updates!!!