Brad and I have been very fortunate to have some AMAZING friends. We are so lucky to be surrounded by the wonderful people we know.
When we met Ryan and Brianna Willeitner in our married student ward up at USU we became quick friends [we've posted about them before, so they might look familiar], especially enjoying the competitive comparison in nature with games [any games -- card, board, sports, etc.]. They moved down to Bountiful before we moved from Logan [which was really hard]; but, when we realized we would only be 20 minutes away from them when we moved to Layton, we were much happier. Recently, they bought a home in Kaysville which decreases the travel time 10 more minutes. With only 10 minutes apart, it's definitely easy to get together and play. Right before they moved to their new home [and when Brianna was about 6 months pregnant with their cute little boy, Shane], we raised the stakes of our competitive games to include wagers. Brianna lost the first one and had to jump in their apartment swimming pool fully clothed [I still am adamant that that's what sent her into the very early labor that she went into, fortunately Shane is doing great!]. At our last gambling match, the wager was that loser had to dance with a pumpkin on their head, while 2nd and 3rd place had to be back-up dancers, and winner chose the song. And lucky me [Tanja] lost, with Brad and Brianna as my back-up dancers [Ryan always wins...I think he cheats]. So last night we enjoyed a great time [once again], spending time the Willeitner family and their cute kids carving up some jack o' lanterns. And we upheld our bet.
I'm going to cut you some slack because it must be kind of hard to actually dance with a pumpkin on your head. I was impressed with your back ups' moves; I'm sure Brad's training for the synchronized swimming team this past summer gave him an edge this time around. Cute! Cute Jack-o-lanterns!
5 comments:
NERDzzzz
Haha!
I'm going to cut you some slack because it must be kind of hard to actually dance with a pumpkin on your head. I was impressed with your back ups' moves; I'm sure Brad's training for the synchronized swimming team this past summer gave him an edge this time around. Cute! Cute Jack-o-lanterns!
You guys are hilarious!! Way to follow through on your bets.
Oh my gosh!! That is so funny! Tanja, you're awesome!
Post a Comment