Here is the second "30 Before 30" update. Way to keep me responsible, blogger.
The big-letter, bold ones are ones I've completed in the last 3 months. The small-letter, bold ones are ones I had done previously. The plain ones are ones I still need to do. This update is from July 24th-October 24th.
The big-letter, bold ones are ones I've completed in the last 3 months. The small-letter, bold ones are ones I had done previously. The plain ones are ones I still need to do. This update is from July 24th-October 24th.
1. Learn to juggle [with 3 objects].
3. Learn how to make a jewelry piece.
4. Watch a sunrise.
I saw two of these -- one on our drive back from Texas to Utah and then when we accomplished #2 above.
![]() |
| Don't mind the dirty window. |
5. Make a really complex dessert from scratch [that tastes great :)].
6. Learn how to modge podge.
7. Read a new book each month [any recommendations are welcome!]. -- This one is going well still. I read two books in August, "Bringing Elizabeth Home" and "My Story". Anne had both of these books at Donnell Pond when we went to Maine in August and I read thru them as fast as I could. In September I read "Unbroken" which was amazing!! I loved it, it was super heavy and hard but such an incredible story. And I'm being a bit lame, but October has been pretty busy, so I'm counting one of the books I read in August for October. Lame, I know.
8. Drive up to Francis Peak.
9. Go camping for one night [anyone who knows us, knows that this one's going to be HARD!].
10. Write a will.
11. Do a detox cleanse.
12. Go see a dermatologist.
13. Learn and memorize a new, difficult piece on the piano.
14. See the blood moon in October.
Got up birth and early [4:30] to do this one on October 8th. My phone camera wasn't awesome, so you can kind of see a red moon.
Got up birth and early [4:30] to do this one on October 8th. My phone camera wasn't awesome, so you can kind of see a red moon.
15. Go to a concert.
Didn't specify what kind of concert, but Brad and I attended a piano concert for the 5-year anniversary. And it was awesome!
16. Refinish our kitchen table.
Just finished this one last week :) Now, we're working on restoring the chairs [over 100 years old] and staining them the same color.
17. Sew something that I can wear [and looks good].
18. Float in the Great Salt Lake.
19. Stay up on New Year's Eve to ring in the New Year [we haven't done that since we were dating].
20. Learn how to do my hair in wavy curls.
Practiced this one for Paula's bridal shower and perfected if for her wedding :)
21. Watch a meteor shower.
23. Complete my CEU's to maintain my ASHA license.
24. Have Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving.
25. Buy some good boots for winter.
26. Have a better food storage established/72 hour kits updated.
27. Go somewhere and pick fruit.
Went down to Springville and picked raspberries with Sunny [thanks for taking me, Sunny!].
28. Jam said fruit.
Thanks for teaching me, Sunny!And a few days after making this delicious raspberry jam, I was brave enough to make some peach jam too in my own kitchen. We have LOVED having fresh jam!
29. Go to a parade.
30. Dress up for Halloween with a family theme [the last time I dressed up was when we were dating, lame].
That's 10 more things off my bucket list in 3 months...that's pretty good, right? I'm a little nervous about the camping one...hopefully we'll have a warm spell in the spring [because fall has come in a flurry this last week] to make it happen. Onward and upward!
That's 10 more things off my bucket list in 3 months...that's pretty good, right? I'm a little nervous about the camping one...hopefully we'll have a warm spell in the spring [because fall has come in a flurry this last week] to make it happen. Onward and upward!





















2 comments:
way to go! quite the accomplishment!!! you can always plan a camping trip to AZ - the weather in the winter is PERFECT!
This is such a cool idea!! I love all the things you've done- and your kitchen table looks beautiful!
Post a Comment