Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cantaloupe

Mmmmm, one of my favorite fruits!  And that's the size of the little babes now, holy camoli.  

Baby's stats:
Baby is 11.5 inches long,
 weighs about 1.5 pounds [wow, chubby chubs!],
his skin is becoming more opaque and has a pink/red tint to it now that capillaries have started to form,
and his hair is white because there isn't any pigment yet.

I didn't take my usual "by-the-wall" picture this week because I kept forgetting.  But after church on Sunday the weather was BEAUTIFUL!  Brad and I decided to go for a walk on a trail behind our house and he snapped some photos so that's what we'll use this week for the mug shot...

Week 24
That's the best we got :)
I've been told conflicting information...some women have said that I look large for only being 6 months pregnant and it being my first pregnancy and other people have told me I look small.  Either way...I finally had to cave and buy some maternity jeans because my low-riders no longer took care of things.  It is nice to not have buttons prodding into my belly whenever I sit or bend over [definitely has been helping the reflux as well!] but it still is so weird to see my body changing and I have no control over it.  But the little kicks and movements help me remember something exciting will come from all of this!

And it's been funny to see the reaction from the kids that I work with.  I haven't told any of them that I'm having a baby...just waiting to see if they notice or say anything.  Here are two conversations that I've had this week.

1st Grader: "Mrs. Dalton, what's inside your stomach?"
Me: "A baby."
1st Grader: "That is so exciting!  Name her after me."

5th Grader: "Mrs. Dalton, are you married?"
Me: "Yup, wanna see my ring?"
5th Grader: "How many kids do you have?"
At this point, I'm starting to realize what she's hinting towards....
Me: "We don't have any kids right now.  But we have a cat...and a baby coming this summer."
5th Grader: "I can't wait until he can come here too."

Love.

1 comment:

Globe Trotters said...

I think you look great- small for 6 months :) Cute kids you work with...