Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lettuce

All week I've been thinking I'm one week ahead but I was surprised [and a bit happy, I have one more week!!] that we are at week 26.  Baby's making some good growth and his movements have been super strong and more often, which I'm loving.

Baby's Stats:
Baby is the size of a head of lettuce,
13.6-14.8 inches long,
1.5-2.5 pounds,
his eyes are forming and will soon begin to open,
eyelashes are all grown too,
he's soaking up my antibodies and building his immune system,
and he's practicing taking breaths [of amniotic fluid].

My Stats:
Week 26
Besides being super busy at work, the pregnancy hasn't added any new symptoms.  Oh wait...CHARLIE HORSES!!  I have woken up at least 3 times in the last week writhing in pain [and it's always my right calf, it's been sore forever!].  The first time it happened, I starting screaming "Ow, ow, ow, OW!!" and Brad thought I was going into labor, hahaha.  

I got food poisoning again [or is it baby poisoning?  Because I've had this happen more while I've been pregnant than when I wasn't...] from a little pizzeria I went to with my coworkers.  Baby wasn't too happy about losing so much food and I couldn't eat anything because I still felt crummy and didn't want to throw up anymore...so we went on a 24 hour hiatus with just a little bit of Sprite and crackers.  But we survived!

And, we finally registered.  Lots of cute baby stuff...and I want it all.  Space is limited so we'll see how we're able to store everything.  

We're leaving tomorrow for Colorado for the Easter break.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend celebrating the Atonement and Resurrection of our Savior.

Happy Easter!!

1 comment:

The Ostlers said...

I got charlie horses all of the time when I was pregnant. Not fun! You look so cute as a pregnant lady- can't wait to see pictures of your new little baby in a few months :)