I know we've mentioned it before, but we LOVE where we live. As in location. We're super close to anything commercial but have farms surrounding us on basically every side. Our next-door neighbors have become some of our best friends; we live next to a mom and her two daughters. I get to serve with the mom [Shalei] in the Young Womens presidency in our ward and the girls [Ryan and Kennady] have frequently taken care of Gus for us whenever we go out of town. We truly are so happy.
Okay, enough with the sappy stuff.
Yesterday, I received this text from Shalei:
Yesterday, I received this text from Shalei:
"How would you feel about being toilet papered tonight by a bunch of little girls?"
Hahaha, I loved it! I thanked her for the heads-up and told her we'd be gone for part of the evening but home a little later. And when we got home we were in for a big surprise! Not only had they toilet papered our ENTIRE yard [front and back with 22 rolls of toilet paper], they had shoe-polished all our house and car windows! It was hilarious! [And I'm kicking myself for not taking any pictures of the damage...]
After we got inside the house and had settled down, we heard some noises outside. We peeked out the window and the girls had come back to shoe polish the car we had been driving in that night! With the help of our friend, Paula, and permission from Shalei, we sneaked outside and sprayed them with the hose. Thus began a 30 minute back-and-forth-between-houses screaming fit from the girls who kept trying to come back and finish their work. It ended with Paula and Brad getting into her car [which the girls hadn't done anything to] with a pitcher of water and surprising them as Paula "dropped" Brad off where they were standing. They were soaked.
This morning I was surprised to see them come back over...but this time to help clean everything up [Shalei wouldn't make breakfast until our yard and windows were clean, hahaha].
| The culprits :) |
It was a fun night! And those girls loved "trashing" our house.
1 comment:
cute!
Post a Comment