Sunday, March 24, 2013

The thoughts of a 6+ month pregnant lady...

I've been feeling really frustrated and full of negative emotions lately, and I don't like it!  I feel like the majority of these gloomy feelings are due to heightened hormones [blame that one on the pregnancy] but just in the past few days/week things have come up that have made me extremely anxious and discouraged.  I was reading a friend's blog earlier today and she was explaining how she was feeling and it described my thoughts exactly -
"My soul is feeling a little weary." 
But instead of dwelling on those emotions, she made a list of things that she was grateful for.  So, I'm copying her so that I can remember all that I have and hopefully not perseverate on the negative anymore [thanks, Edna!].

I am thankful for:

1.] A very supportive and caring husband
2.] The gospel
3.] Family
4.] Prayer/Scriptures/Temple
5.] The opportunity to work with amazing kids with special needs
6.] A body pillow that makes sleeping easier
7.] Clear skies [no snow when we were told we'd get dumped on]
8.] Friends
9.] Gus
10.] Maternity jeans that are comfortable and cute
11.] My piano
12.] A 4-day work week this week :)
13.] A healthy and pretty normal pregnancy
14.] Feeling baby move a LOT more
15.] Easter and General Conference in the next 2 weeks
16.] Where we live [all the little lambs are out]
17.] A dependable car
18.] Living so close to Target
19.] Our new grill
20.] Spring and summer are on their way
21.] Seeing Brad's family and my family at the end of April
22.] Playing cribbage with Brad [we have old souls]
23.] Sleeping in yesterday [Brad made me breakfast in bed and made me lunch on the grill, spoiled!]
24.] Finding a new favorite "burger" joint
25.] Puzzles

1 comment:

Crystal Noel Perry said...

We weary souls have to stick together. ;) I enjoyed your list!