Tuesday, March 5, 2013

23 weeks + baptism

We've hit 23!!

Here's the peanut's [not so much anymore] stats for the week:

Baby is the size of a grapefruit [Mom, your favorite!],
a little over 11 inches long,
 weighs over a pound,
his face is FULLY formed now with eyebrows, eyelashes, etc. [just needs some fat to fill it out],
and he can hear my voice and heartbeat and other loud noises [like cars honking...and probably the kid I worked with that SCREAMED the entire session].

Week 23
Oh boy, I'm looking huge.  With three months left I have a feeling I'll look like a whale.  Other than the excess weight and only able to sleep on one side during the night, I really have no other complaints.  Baby D. has been kicking like crazy, especially when I lay down at night.  One time, on my way to work, he gave me two BIG kicks that made me jump in my seat; fortunately, no one was next to me to see me "convulsing" in the car.

Brad and I were also lucky to be able to spend this last weekend with some of my family.  My parents and Kris came up, Sonja drove over, and the rest of us met up to spend some family time [i.e., Mexican train and Mexican Rummy] and support our nephew, Curtis, in his decision to be baptized [unfortunately, I only took one picture!].

Soren, Rachele, Aubree, Curtis, & Mitchell
Oliver, Rufus, and Jill...all wanting a treat :)
  It's always sad to see family leave after a fun-filled weekend.  I'm thankful for the eternal aspect and nature of families which makes it a little easier to say goodbye!

No comments: